Monday, January 13, 2014

Braiding for Fredom - January 12th

Today I am posting a picture of the young ladies who are Braiding for Freedom!
 
My family and I were finally able to go to church on Sunday. :)  (It has been snowing quite a lot where I live so we haven't been able to get out much.  I was very excited that the snow was finally melting so we could go listen to a great service and spend time with our church family.) 
 
Top row left to right: Sophie, Savannah, Grace, Izzy. (And Sam. Not pictured)  Bottom row left to right: Sadie, Sara. 
 
We are fighting slavery together.  I'm so glad that I have such wonderful sisters in Christ!
 
 Slavery is real.  And it's wrong.  But if we fight together, it can and will end.
 
  • Braid your hair differently everyday for freedom!  Go here to read more about 'a month of braids'.  Then comment below and leave a link to where you'll be posting your braids so I can see them too!
  • Sponsor and pray!  Donate to Campaign 1:17.  [sponsoring amount ideas: fifty cents a braid, one dollar a braid, etc...]  Donate here.  Then, pray for us this month so we can continue to stay strong in our challenge and continue to stand with those who stand alone.
  • You can also see all the 'freedom braids' on Pinterest
 

1 comment:

  1. I've got amazing sisters in Christ too! (You're one of them, Grace!). :-)

    ReplyDelete