Sunday, January 5, 2014

Braiding for Freedom - January 5th

 
Braid number five!!!
 
   
 "Learn to do well, seek justice, rescue the oppressed,

defend the fatherless, and plead for the widow."
Isaiah 1:17

 

 
"Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this,
 To visit the fatherless and the widows in their affliction,
 and to keep himself unspotted from the world."
James 1:27  

 
[I must admit this style was a little harder than I thought it would be, but it was still fun to do!]
  
I am braiding my hair differently every day during the month of January to raise funds and awareness of modern-day slavery. 
 
31 braids for 27 million in chains
 

 
Want to join the fun?

  • Braid your hair differently everyday with me!  Go here to read more about 'month of braids'.  Then comment below and leave a link to where you'll be posting your braids so I can see them too!
  • Sponsor and pray!  Donate to Campaign 1:17 to support me, [sponsoring amount ideas: fifty cents a braid, one dollar a braid, etc...]  Donate here.  Then, pray for me this month so I can continue to stay strong in my challenge and continue stand with those who stand alone.
  • You can also see all of my braids on Pinterest
 
 
{ Thanks to Sam, Savannah, Sophie, and Sadie for standing with me this month and braiding for freedom! }  


2 comments: