Friday, January 3, 2014

Braiding for Freedom - January 3rd

Braid number three!!!  This hairstyle is inspired  by Legolas from the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit. :)   
 
 
January is Human Trafficking Awareness month.
 
"If slavery is not wrong, nothing is wrong.  I can not remember when I did not so think, and feel."
- Abraham Lincoln
  

“We are too young to realize that certain things are impossible... So we will do them anyway.”
― William Wilberforce 
 
 "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
-Martin Luther King Jr.
 
 
"You may choose to look the other way, but you can never again say, 'I did not know,'."
-William Wilberforce
 
 These quotes are inspiring and challenging.  I hope they touch you as they have me.
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Ohhh!  Great news!!!  I got my first sponsor!  I'm super excited!  My cousin Kerry is sponsoring me at 25 cents a 'braid'.  And I mean like, each braid I do in my hair!  Stay tuned for the total number of braids at the end of the month.  Thanks Kerry!!!!!
 
  
 Want to join the fun?

  • Braid your hair differently everyday with me!  Go here to read more about 'month of braids'.  Then comment below and leave a link to where you'll be posting your braids so I can see them too!
  • Sponsor and pray!  Donate to Campaign 1:17 to support me, [sponsoring amount ideas: fifty cents a braid, one dollar a braid, etc...]  Donate here.  Then, pray for me this month so I can continue to stay strong in my challenge and continue stand with those who stand alone.
  • You can also see all of my braids on Pinterest
 


4 comments:

  1. Your hair looks just like Legolas' hair, lol. I love the two quotes by William Wilberforce. We'll keep praying and braiding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!!! It does doesn't it! This one was really fun to do. :) I really like those two quotes as well. Especially the one that says "We are to young to realize that some things are impossible, so we do them anyway." This one basically sums up my life... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep! I love doing 'impossible' things.

    ReplyDelete