Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A Month of Braids - January 1st


A MONTH OF BRAIDS


27 million people are enslaved around the world.  And this month I have come up with a quirky and fun way to raise money for International Justice Mission so they can set slaves free and bring justice to their oppressors. (IJM is a human rights organization that works to rescue victims of slavery, sexual exploitation, and other forms of violent oppression.)  The way I propose to do this is by braiding my hair differently for the entire month of January.

Do you want to join me in this challenge? 

If so, starting January first, braid your hair differently everyday with me!  (Comment below to let me know that you're doing this with me!  And so I can see your braids!)  Post pictures of your braids on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and/or your blog.  Get sponsors!!!  Tell your friends, cousins, parents, coworkers-- let them know what your doing and why, and ask them to sponsor you!  (Sponsoring amount ideas: 50 cents a braid, $1 a braid, or whatever)  Donate the money to Campaign 1:17 were it will be sent to IJM along with the money I have already collected for this cause.  And to those who have already committed to do this challenge with me: Thank you so much for standing with me during this campaign and being amazing friends! :)  Love you guys!
 

The “Rules”:
                    

  • No braids can be alike!  Every day (if possible) please try a new braid each time.
  • You must have at least one braid in your hair. (This is a no brainer I hope! ;)
  • You can have any type of braid you like, three strands, four strands, fishtail, French, and waterfall, just to name a few.  And you can combine any braid(s) to make one style.
  • You don’t have to wear your braids at night, unless you want to.  I find it slightly uncomfortable so it’s totally fine if you want to take them out at the end of the day.
  • And… most importantly, have fun!!! :D
 
I will be posting my braids on this blog and maybe along with some stories from IJM.  I may also put some of the pictures on Pinterest.
 
Alrighty!!!!  So here's braid number one!
 
 
 
I believe that this braid is called a 'lace braid', but... I could be wrong.  Anyway, it was fun to do!
 

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Sam, Sophie, Sadie, and I are all doing this. And great news, my sister Sarah is going to sponsor us.

    ReplyDelete